These cookies are rich, gooey, and delicious. It’s hard to believe they’re vegan!
Vegan Almond Butter & Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These cookies are rich, gooey, and delicious. It's hard to believe they're vegan!
- 160 gr almond butter
- 2 flax eggs (see notes)
- ¾ cup oat flour (gluten-free, see notes)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 40 gr dark chocolate (vegan, chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oat flour and baking soda, until well combined.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond butter, coconut oil, flax eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla, until well combined.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and combine.
- Stir in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Roll tablespoon-sized amounts of dough into balls and flatten slightly on the lined baking tray. You should have enough dough for about 10 cookies.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes and remove when the edges begin to turn a golden brown. The cookies may look a little underdone, but they will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool down on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
To make two flax eggs mix 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 5 tbsp warm water in a small bowl. Let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken. To make oat flour, pulse the gluten-free oats in a blender or food processor.
To health and happiness,