If you love prawns and you love avocado, you will love this dish! It’s a great option for a weekend brunch, especially if you’re trying to avoid eggs (like me! because I’m intolerant to eggs 😒 ). Hope you like this recipe!
Prawn Avocado Toast
- 16 medium-sized prawns (peeled and deveined)
- 2 slices of sourdough bread (or your favourite bread)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped or minced)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 avocado
- Juice and zest of half a lime
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp scallions (chopped)
- A small handful of coriander (finely chopped)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chili flakes (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, smash the avocado and mix with lime juice, lime zest, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat the avocado oil over medium to high heat. Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Cut the prawns in half and add them to the frying pan. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until they turn pink.
- Toast the sourdough bread and then top with the smashed avocado, prawns, chopped scallions, and chili flakes. Enjoy!
To health and happiness,