This colorful salad is crispy, nutritious, and satisfying!
I was a little bit distracted and added the pretty garnishes before the chicken 😂 so here’s the salad without chicken:
And here’s the salad with the chicken (it barely looks like there’re any vegetables 😂 but trust me, there’re plenty of vegetables underneath the chicken 😊):
Japanese Chicken Salad
- 500 gr organic chicken breast (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tbsp unrefined sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Half purple cabbage (shredded)
- 2 medium-sized carrots (grated)
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 2 avocados (diced)
- 6 bulb radishes (finely sliced)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (plus a little extra for garnishing)
- ½ bunch of coriander (plus a little extra for garnishing)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp unrefined sesame oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or raw honey)
- ½ spring onion (finely sliced)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Add the sesame oil to a frying pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Add the tamari sauce and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Place the cooked chicken in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the salad, toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, place all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place the chicken on top of the salad and mix in the dressing.
- Add extra sesame seeds and coriander as garnishes (optional).
Hope you like this recipe and don’t forget to add the garnishes after the chicken 😉
To health and happiness,