I love something crunchy in my salads but croutons tend to be super unhealthy. Crispy air-fried chickpeas to the rescue!
Super Crispy Harissa Chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1-1½ tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat air fryer to 200C or 390F.
- Using a strainer drain and rinse the chickpeas underwater.
- Lay on a kitchen towel and patch dry.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix chickpeas, Harissa paste, olive oil, salt, and pepper, until well coated.
- Dump the whole batch of chickpeas in the air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes. Give the basket a shake to move the chickpeas around, then bake for another 8 -10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Enjoy as a healthy snack or add to your favorite salad (I love the haarissa and hummus combination in my salads 😋).