Slow-cooking is very easy – you simply dump all your ingredients in the cooker and let it do its thing for a few hours. No checking or stirring required.
And cooking at a low temperature helps you preserve the vitamins and minerals in your food! 💚
Slow-Cooked Thai Chicken Curry
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 tbsp green curry paste (preferably unsweetened)
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 500 grams chicken thighs (skinless, boneless, and cut into 2-cm pieces)
- 4-5 baby eggplants (cut into 3-cm pieces)
- 1 large courgette (cut into 3-cm pieces)
- 250 grams green beans (trimmed)
- A handful of coriander leaves (to serve)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the coconut milk, curry paste, and water in the slow-cooker insert. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and eggplant. Cover and cook for 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high.
- Toss in the green beans and courgettes and combine. Cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve and sprinkle coriander leaves on top.
- Enjoy with a side of quinoa or cauliflower rice.