Say good bye to dry, tasteless chicken. Just remember to plan ahead because the chicken will need to marinade for at least 3 hours.
Serve with quinoa and broccoli or bok choy.
Spicy Miso Chicken with Pickled Cucumber
Say good bye to dry, tasteless chicken. Just remember to plan ahead because the chicken will need to marinade for at least 3 hours. Serve with quinoa and broccoli or bok choy.
- 8-10 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Mint leaves and coriander leaves, to serve
- 3 tbsp red miso paste
- 3 cm (1 inch) piece ginger (peeled and minced)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ⅓ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup tamari sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cucumbers (washed, dried and sliced thinly lengthways)
- 100 gr coconut sugar
- 100 ml rice wine vinegar
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss the chicken through the mixture and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- For the pickled cucumber, place the cucumber in a medium-sized bowl, salt liberally, leave for 30 minutes, rinse and dry. Place the vinegar and coconut sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat and boil until incorporated. Let cool and pour over the cucumber.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 360°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chicken on the baking tray and spoon some of the marinade on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Place the chicken on a large serving plate and sprinkle over the coriander leaves, mint leaves, and toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately with the pickled cucumber, quinoa and broccoli or bok choy. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.