Banana bread is my favourite thing to make when I have a few overripe bananas. The best thing about this recipe is that no maple syrup, honey or sugar has to be added. The bananas provide enough sweetness.
Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
- 3 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 80 gr dark chocolate (chopped into chunks)
- 3 bananas (overripe & mashed)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients, except for the chocolate, in a large bowl until they are combined.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until combined. Stir in 2/3's of the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chunks over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the bread is cooked through. To test if it is ready, insert a knife, if it comes out dry, it’s ready. Once ready, remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes. Then remove from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool down completely before slicing.
- Keep any leftovers stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!