This is a great breakfast option. The protein keeps you full for hours. If I know I’m going to be rushing in the morning (which is usually the case), I make these pancakes the night before and then just reheat them for a few minutes in the morning.
Pancakes with Raspberry Chia Jam
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- A pinch of sea salt
Raspberry Chia Jam
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, mix the coconut flour, eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt, until well combined.
- Melt the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the raspberry chia jam, put the raspberries in a pan with the chia seeds and maple syrup. Cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve the pancakes with a tablespoon of the raspberry chia jam and your favourite nuts (optional) on top.
Did you like this recipe? Let me know in the comments below, or send me a message here.