It’s hard to believe this cake doesn’t have any refined sugar or processed flour. Even people who are not used to eating healthy treats will absolutely love this healthy chocolate cake!
Dark Chocolate Cake with Walnuts & Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened dark cacao powder
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 tbsp tahini
- ½ tbsp warm water
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Then oil a loaf tin with a little bit of coconut oil and line with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, tahini, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Then add the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in cacao nibs and chopped walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through. To test if it is ready, insert a knife, if it comes out dry, it’s ready. Once ready, remove from the oven and let it cool down before removing from the tin.
- To make the salted caramel sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the cake with salted caramel sauce.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know in the comments below, or send me a message here.