A healthy french toast is one of my favourite weekend breakfasts. This recipe works well with different types of bread, so feel free to choose your favourite one.
Healthy French Toast
- 2 slices of your favourite bread
- 2 eggs
- 80 ml almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- A dab of butter or ghee
- 1 banana (sliced)
- A handful of walnuts
- Raw honey
- Beat together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat a pan with a dab of butter or ghee over medium-high heat.
- Soak both sides of the sliced bread in the egg mixture.
- Place bread in the pan and cook on both sides, until golden.
- (Optional) Throw banana slices and walnuts in the pan to caramelize.
- Serve the bread hot, cover with banana slices, walnuts and a drizzle of raw honey
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, or send me a message here.