A healthy french toast is one of my favourite weekend breakfasts. This recipe works well with different types of bread, so feel free to choose your favourite one.
Healthy French Toast
This is one of my favourite weekend breakfasts. This recipe works well with different types of bread, so feel free to choose your favourite one.
Servings 2 people
- 2 slices of your favourite bread
- 2 eggs
- 80 ml almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- A dab of butter or ghee
- 1 banana (sliced)
- A handful of walnuts
- Raw honey
- Beat together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat a pan with a dab of butter or ghee over medium-high heat.
- Soak both sides of the sliced bread in the egg mixture.
- Place bread in the pan and cook on both sides, until golden.
- (Optional) Throw banana slices and walnuts in the pan to caramelize.
- Serve the bread hot, cover with banana slices, walnuts and a drizzle of raw honey
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, or send me a message here.