This is the perfect recipe for when you have a few overripe bananas. Who doesn’t love a healthy, gluten-free banana bread?
Macadamia Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup psyllium husk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
- 3 overripe bananas (mashed)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs or unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 160° C or 320° F. Then oil a loaf tin with a little bit of coconut oil and line with baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl until they are combined.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add about half of the cacao nibs and leave the rest for the topping.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin. Place the remaining macadamia nuts and cacao nibs on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the bread is cooked through. To test if it is ready, insert a knife, if it comes out dry, it’s ready. Once ready, remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Serve with almond butter or a dollop of greek or coconut yogurt, to add a little bit more protein. You can enjoy it for breakfast or as a delicious snack.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave a comment below, or send me a message here.