This has officially become one of my favorite recipes ever! It’s so creamy that it’s hard to believe it doesn’t have any dairy.
Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
This has officially become one of my favorite recipes ever! It's so creamy that it's hard to believe it doesn't have any dairy.
- 200 gr lentil pasta (chickpea or brown rice would work well too)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 leek (finely sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced or finaly chopped)
- 500 gr organic chicken breasts (diced)
- 250 gr mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 sprigs rosemary (leaves picked)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until just done, about 5-6 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium to high heat and swirl in the avocado oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic and leeks, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the leeks become transparent.
- Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 4 minutes, until the chicken is almost done. Add the mushrooms and thyme. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until the mushrooms have released their moisture. Slowly stir in the coconut milk, followed by the nutritional yeast.
- Add the pasta and stir. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do 💖
To health and happiness,