The margaritas you get at a bar are loaded with sugar. But you can make your own healthy-ish version using real ingredients and no refined sugar. If you’re going to drink, have the good stuff 😉 Here’s my favorite recipe!
- 80 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 40 ml silver tequila
- 20 ml Cointreau (or orange liqueur)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or raw honey (optional)
- Generous handful of ice
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Lime slices for garnishing
- Rub a lime slice (the juicy part) around the rim of a margarita glass. Use a plate with a little salt to apply a layer to the rim of the glass.
- Scoop a generous handful of ice into a cocktail shaker. Add tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice, and shake until combined (about 30 seconds). Taste, and stir in 1/2 tsp of maple syrup (or raw honey) if you prefer a sweeter margarita. Shake again to combine.
- Pour the margarita into a glass, taking care not to wash away the salt.
To health and happiness,