Here’s another recipe for a healthy treat. You’ll love the crunchiness of these almond & chocolate chip cookies. They’re not too sweet. They’re just sweet enough to satisfy your sweet cravings without spiking your blood sugar.
Almond & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup almonds (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 35 gr dark chocolate or cacao nibs (finely chopped, if using chocolate)
- 2½ tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160°C or 320°F, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients (except for the chocolate) in a medium-sized bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients (except for the egg).
- Add the egg and a pinch of sea salt to the wet mixture and whisk for another 3 minutes, until the mixture is light and bubbly.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and combine.
- Stir in the finely chopped dark chocolate or cocoa nibs.
- Roll tablespoon-sized amounts of dough into balls and flatten slightly on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cookies are golden around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool down for a few minutes.
Let me know if you enjoyed these cookies. I’d love to hear from you!