This is one of my favorite healthy banana bread recipes. It’s full of healthy fats and fiber, which makes it delicious, satisfying and doesn’t spike your blood sugar like other types of banana bread.
Healthy Coconut & Macadamia Banana Bread
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup shredded coconut (plus a little extra to serve)
- ½ cup macadamia nuts (roughly chopped, plus a little extra to serve)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- 4 Medjool dates (chopped)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 3 overripe bananas (mashed)
- 3 eggs (preferably, organic, pasture-raised)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 160° C or 320° F. Then oil a loaf tin with a little bit of coconut oil and line with baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl until they are combined.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin. Place the remaining macadamia nuts and shredded coconut on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the bread is cooked through. To test if it is ready, insert a knife, if it comes out dry, it’s ready. Once ready, remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Serve with almond butter or a dollop of greek or coconut yogurt, to add a little bit of protein. You can enjoy it for breakfast or as a delicious snack.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave a comment below or send me a message here. I’d love to hear from you!