You’ll absolutely love these decadent, gooey, healthy brownies! They’re perfect for when you’re feeling a little naughty but still want to avoid processed sugar.
Healthy Brownies With Almond Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 eggs (organic, pasture-raised)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (organic, melted)
- ¼ cup almond milk
For The Almond Caramel Sauce:
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (organic, melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (organic)
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 175º C (350º F).
- Roast the almonds on a lined baking tray for 8 minutes. Let them cool and then chop them into small pieces.
- To make the caramel sauce; mix the almond butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Lightly oil a small baking pan with coconut oil and line with baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl until they are combined.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl until well mixed.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and mix until combined.
- Spoon half of the batter into the baking pan.
- Add half of the caramel sauce and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the roasted almonds evenly over the sauce.
- Add the remaining batter on top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the roasted almonds and dark chocolate on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. To check if it’s ready, insert a knife or a skewer. If it comes out dry, the brownies are ready.
- Let the brownies cool down for 15-20 minutes. Then drizzle with the remaining caramel sauce.
If you liked these brownies, let me know in the comments below or send me a message here. I’d love to hear from you!