Enjoy these banana, walnut & chocolate chip muffins right out of the oven or store them in the fridge for an easy-to-grab snack or dessert. They are yummy either way!
Banana, Walnut & Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cup almond meal
- ¾ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 bananas (preferably overriped)
- 3 eggs (preferably organic, pasture-raised)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F, and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper muffin cups.
- Mix the dry ingredients (except the walnuts and the cacao nibs or chocolate chips) in a large bowl, until combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a food processor or blender, until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the chopped walnuts and stir again to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins.
- Add the cacao nibs or chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins are golden and cooked through.
- Enjoy with a dollop of almond butter, for added protein!
If you enjoyed these muffins, let me know in the comments below or send me a message here. I’d love to hear from you.