These yummy gluten-free cookies are sweetened with coconut sugar, which is a natural sugar. It’s a little more nutritious than white sugar and has a lower glycemic index (which means it doesn’t spike your blood sugar the way white sugar does).
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup unsweetened dark chocolate (chopped)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients (except the dark chocolate), until well combined.
- In another medium bowl, mix the wet ingredients, until well combined.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and combine.
- Stir in the chopped dark chocolate.
- Roll tablespoon-sized amounts of dough into balls and flatten slightly on the lined baking tray. You should have enough dough for 12 cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until fragrant.
- Allow the cookies to cool down on the baking sheet for 3 to 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe!