This bread is a great way to sneak in extra veggies for kids or for yourself! No one will be able to tell that there’s a full zucchini in there.
Chocolate Marbled Zucchini Banana Bread
This bread is a great way to sneak in extra veggies for kids or for yourself! No one will be able to tell that there's a full zucchini in there.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 zucchini (shredded and squeezed of all excess moisture with a paper towel)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- Preheat the oven at 180C or 350F. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place all the wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix until well combined.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine. Then stir in the melted coconut oil.
- Spoon half of the batter into a separate medium bowl. Stir in the almond milk, cacao powder, and ¼ cup chocolate chips into one of the batters, and mix until combined.
- Spoon half of the regular batter into the prepared loaf tin, then top with half of the chocolate batter. Repeat with the rest of the regular batter and then chocolate batter. Swirl the batters together with a knife just a few times (do not overdo this or the batters will come together). Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cooked through. To test if it is ready, insert a toothpick, if it comes out dry or with just a few crumbs attached, it’s ready.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes. Then remove from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool down completely.
Hope you like this recipe!