I’m not Italian so I’m not the best person to judge 😊 but these gluten-free, dairy-free meatballs are delicious! They’re easy to make too. Enjoy them with zucchini noodles or your favourite type of pasta.
Meatballs with Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 500 gr beef mince (lean, grass-fed)
- 1 large white or brown onion (finely diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced or finely chopped)
- A small handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
- A small handful of fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 celery sticks (very finely sliced)
- 2 400gr cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the mince, eggs, coriander, paprika, half the onion, and half the garlic to a large bowl. Combine with your hands and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the mixture into your favourite sized meatballs and set aside in the fridge.
- Heat the avocado oil over medium heat in an oven-safe pan. Add the rest of the onion, the rest of the garlic, and the celery, and saute with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes. Then add the rosemary and continue to cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the chopped tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take the meatballs out of the fridge. Add them to the pan with the sauce. Stir the meatballs through the sauce. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with zucchini noodles or your favourite type of pasta. Enjoy!