This chocolate granola is a delicious and healthy breakfast option when combined with coconut yogurt, or as a topping for a smoothie bowl.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup cashews (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup Brazilian nuts (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 360°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the nuts, oats, cacao powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Spread out evenly on the prepared tray and bake for 10 minutes. Take out and stir the mixture on the tray. Then bake for another 5-7 until it becomes brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with coconut yogurt or as a topping for a smoothie bowl.