Once you make these, you won’t go back to refined sugar and refined flour-loaded cookies!
Coconut, Macadamia & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup macadamia nuts (finely chopped)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened - make sure it’s shredded, not large coconut flakes)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt (plus a little extra for sprinkling on top)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (unsweetened, and dairy-free)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients (except for the chocolate) in a large bowl.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the wet ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and combine.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Roll tablespoon-sized amounts of dough into balls and flatten slightly on the lined baking tray. You should have enough dough for about 15 small cookies.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn a golden brown.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sea salt and allow them to cool down on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!