This is a very healthy and tasty version of gnocchi. It’s one of those recipes you want to make while sipping on a nice glass of red wine, or kombucha.
- 2 large cauliflower heads (cut into florets)
- ¾-1 cup tapioca flour
- A pinch of salt
- Coconut oil
- Your favourite pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 390°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it’s the consistency of fine crumbs.
- Steam the cauliflower for about 5 minutes, or until it becomes soft.
- Place the cauliflower in a clean tea towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. This step is key to getting the right consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cauliflower, 3/4 cup tapioca flour and salt. Mix with your hands.
- Sprinkle tapioca flour on a clean, flat surface or cutting board and place the dough.
- Knead the dough and continue adding as much flour as you need until the dough becomes more solid and you're able to shape it into several 2 cm thick logs. Cut log into 1cm pieces.
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil in a medium pot. Carefully add the gnocchi and cook until they float to the surface, about 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to scoop out and drain the gnocchi, and then transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Spray or sprinkle a little bit of coconut oil and bake for 20 minutes, or until the gnocchi become golden.
- Serve with your favourite pasta sauce and fresh basil leaves.
Hope you like it!