These naturally sweetened blueberry muffins are incredibly moist and super tasty. They make for a healthy, delicious breakfast or snack.
If you prefer to avoid dairy, you can substitute the Greek yogurt for plain coconut yogurt.
Blueberry Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain, no added sugar)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 175°C or 350°F and prepare a muffin tray with muffin liners. If you don't have muffin liners, just oil the muffin tray with coconut oil. Set muffin tray aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg slightly. Then whisk in the remaining wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix gently, until just combined.
- Fold blueberries into the batter and mix very gently.
- Pour the batter into 12 muffin cups. Add a sprinkle of chia seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins are cooked through. To test if they're ready, insert a toothpick, if it comes out dry, they're ready. Once ready, remove from the oven and let them cool down.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!