These are seriously the most delicious blueberry muffins I’ve ever had! I like to eat them with a dollop of nut butter for added protein and healthy fats.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour (plus an additional 1 tbsp)
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh, plus a little extra to top)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (reserving 1 tbsp of oat flour for later).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (except for the blueberries).
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, toss 1 cup of blueberries and 1 tbsp of oat flour together, then gently fold them into the batter. This will prevent the muffins from turning blue.
- Divide batter evenly between 9 muffin liners. Top with remaining blueberries.
- Bake for 18 -25 minutes. To test if they're ready, insert a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean or with just a few tiny crumbs attached, then the muffins are ready!
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 8-10 minutes. Then remove muffins from the pan and place them on the wire rack to cool for another 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!