An apple crumble is a great dessert for a weekend dinner. It’s great for one of those evenings when you sit around the table for hours while enjoying a great chat, great food, and great company.
Apple, Coconut & Macadamia Crumble
- 4 apples (peeled, cored and cut into cubes)
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free)
- ¾ cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup shredded coconuts
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ orange (juiced)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C or 350°C.
- To make the crumble, combine the oats, shredded coconut, half of the macadamia nuts, maple syrup, coconut oil and cinnamon in a food processor. Process until combined.
- Roughly chop the remaining macadamia nuts and stir through the crumble mix.
- Place the chopped and peeled apples in a medium-sized pie dish and pour the orange juice over the top.
- Spoon the crumble mix over the apples.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the apples are tender and the crumble is golden.
- Serve with a dollop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream, or coconut yogurt.
Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe!