This salad is full of vitamins, minerals, fibre, and healthy fats. Add grilled chicken, beef or salmon to turn it into a full meal.
Roasted Kale & Beetroot Salad
- 2 cups kale (stems removed and cut into smaller pieces)
- 4 small beetroots (chopped into cubes)
- ⅓ cup raw walnuts
- 40 gr feta cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 360°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the chopped beetroot on the baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Place the chopped kale on the same baking tray with the beetroot. Drizzle kale with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place walnuts on the same tray.
- Bring tray back to the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Place the roasted kale across the base of the serving bowls. Top with the roasted beetroots and roasted walnuts. Add crumbled feta cheese and drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil, if desired.