Quick, easy and bursting with flavour.
Not a fan of prawns? This curry sauce goes really well with salmon too.
- 16 prawns
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup white or brown onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½-1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander to serve
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and red pepper. Cook until the onion become translucent.
- Add the prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes, until they become pink.
- Add the coconut milk with spices to the frying pan. Cook for a few more minutes until the prawns are cooked and the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve with chopped coriander and cauliflower rice, or quinoa.
Hope you like this recipe!