You’ll love the crunchiness that the broccoli and pine nuts add to this pasta dish.
Pesto Chickpea Pasta with Broccoli
- 250 gr chickpea pasta
- 1 large head of broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
- A handful of pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 40 gr parmesan cheese (to serve)
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, broccoli and pine nuts. Sautee for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pesto to the pan. Sautee for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and add more olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and top with grated parmesan cheese.