Most of the gluten-free bread sold in supermarkets is either hard as a rock or full of ingredients that are impossible to pronounce, which usually means they are very bad for you. Here’s a great alternative for a healthy gluten free bread that is full of protein and healthy fats.
Healthy Gluten Free Bread
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¾ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup crushed cashews
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (to sprinkle on top)
- 3 eggs (organic, pasture raised, if possible)
- ⅓ cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (organic, melted)
- Preheat the oven to 180º C or 350º F and lightly oil a loaf tin with coconut oil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (except the pumpkin seeds) in a large bowl until they are combined. Mix all the wet ingredients in another bowl and slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top and place in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until the bread is cooked through. To check if it’s ready, insert a knife or a skewer. If it comes out dry, the bread is ready.
- Once ready, remove from the oven and let it cool down in the tin.
- Enjoy with smashed avocado and eggs, or your favorite nut butter and sliced fruit.
I hope you enjoy this healthy gluten free bread. Please share your comments below or send me a message here. I’d love to hear from you!