This is one of the soups I’ve ever had! And it’s dairy-free & gluten-free.
This recipe was shared by the amazing Marie Forleo a little while ago and I knew I HAD TO make it.
Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan
Broccoli Spinach Curry Soup
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 can (400 ml) organic coconut milk
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 2 heads of broccoli (chopped)
- A full bag (about 200 grams) fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1¼ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lime (optional)
- Heat olive or avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, water, broth, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cover with a lid. Cook until broccoli is tender — about 10-15 minutes (check softness with a fork).
- Add spinach and coriander and cook briefly until wilted.
- Remove from heat and either carefully use a high-powered blender or an immersion blender to purée the soup to your desired consistency.
- Serve and squeeze fresh lime juice on top (adjust to taste). And enjoy!