Here's one of my favourite plant-based meals.
- 1 tbsp avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white or brown onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (grated)
- 500 gr mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 270 ml coconut milk
- A handful of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1½ cups quinoa, brown rice or wild rice
In a large frying pan heat the avocado or olive oil.
Add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion becomes translucent.
Add the mushrooms and cook for about 8 minutes.
Add the mustard, paprika and coconut milk.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add the chopped parsley and serve with warm quinoa or rice.